Vision and values
At North Ridge pupils come first and our priority is to provide high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing truly enjoyable learning experiences for our community of pupils. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the pupils achieve their very best. It is our job to ensure that they all reach for the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We want every pupil to be successful; to reach for success from the very first day they join us, throughout their school lives and beyond school.
The students, staff and governors will do their best in all aspects of life at North Ridge High. We will foster learning within an environment which is disciplined, calm, safe, stimulating, and enjoyable and within which there is mutual respect.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide opportunities for all pupils to learn and achieve
- Treat each member of our school as an individual and include them in school life regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality or ability
- Encourage pupils to enjoy the social interaction of coming to school
- Promote an atmosphere and ethos that encourages pupils’ spiritual, moral, social, physical and cultural development and prepare all pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
- Provide opportunities for pupils to access the local community and facilities
- Encourage the pupils to be responsible and caring members of the wider community
- Promote self-esteem by recognising and celebrating the achievement of individual pupils
- Promote the ability to respect other people’s points of view regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality or ability
- Promote, where appropriate, the inclusion of pupils within and outside school, ensuring that such inclusion is in accord with parental wishes and is of benefit to the pupil
- Promote and encourage the involvement of parents and carers in all aspects of school life by welcoming them into school and helping them add to the positive and friendly atmosphere of the school
- Provide the community with opportunities to value our pupils as individuals and recognise their contribution to society
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to meet the individual needs of each pupil
- Encourage pupils to develop, economic awareness, employability skills and aspire to gaining employment as adults.